Before applying for a grant please check that you meet our criteria:
- Your organisation is a registered charity
- You want to apply for a grant in one of the following areas
– Community and Arts
– Disabled and disadvantaged
– Holidays and Sports (including respite breaks)
– Children and Youth
- Your organisation is based in Essex or North East London or, if it is not (for example because it is a national organisation), that it will benefit individuals in those areas
Please also note that:
- Most of our grants are made for between £1,000 and £5,000 but we do sometimes provide larger grants for specific projects.
- Other than in exceptional circumstances we do not usually give more than one grant each year to the same organization.
- You will need to provide us with evidence of your financial sustainability, usually your latest accounts.
- From time to time we may publicise funding priorities which may affect your decision to apply for a grant.
- Unfortunately we are not able to answer queries about funding applications by phone.
How to apply
- Click to download application form
Download Word form Download PDF form
- Read the guidance notes and fill in the form
- Send the completed form together with accompanying documents (including accounts) by email as an attachment to email@example.com
Please do not return documents by registered post
The CSFCT office is open only two half days each week and applications sent ‘Signed For’ or registered mail have to be collected from the main Post Office. This can delay your application being processed. Applications sent by standard mail will normally be acknowledged by email within a few days of arrival.
Protecting personal data
The data protection legislation called GDPR requires that we must have a lawful basis for processing any personal data you send us, whether about you or beneficiaries on whose behalf you are applying for funding from the Charles S French Charitable Trust.
When making an application you will be asked to confirm that:
- You understand it is in our legitimate interests to hold details about you including your name and email address because you have contacted us to apply for funding;
- Where you are applying for funding on behalf of any beneficiaries whose personal data you intend to disclose to us, that you have obtained those beneficiaries’ explicit consent for such disclosure;
- You agree to us contacting you with news and information about the Charles S French Charitable Trust, provided that you will always be given the option to opt out from such communication